Ultraviolet (UV) solutions cure immediately upon exposure to UV light, shortening drying times for printed materials, coated industrial goods, and more. With custom UV solutions, you can also target specific properties in your coatings to provide specialized protection for your products. Unlike traditional curing methods that evaporate harmful compounds into the air, UV curing offers a more energy-efficient, eco-friendly method for curing printed or manufactured goods.
DBT Coatings, Inc. is an industry leader in the formulation and production of custom UV coatings and adhesives. We have extensive expertise developing UV-cured solutions that overcome process challenges. Our advanced capabilities and experience in diverse industries enable us to formulate solutions for a broad range of substrates and applications.
DBT Coatings, Inc. offers a diverse range of UV solutions for operations with UV curing capabilities. We specialize in developing custom solutions that will help you overcome your process challenges. Our product portfolio includes a variety of varnishes, adhesives, printing primers, and functional coatings.
Our highly customizable varnishes include options such as:
- Gloss finish. Our UV gloss varnishes offer high-speed processing with high gloss, chemical resistance, and adhesion properties.
- Matte finish. Matte varnishes from DBT provide a smooth, high-clarity finish with low gloss values along with chemical resistance and adhesion properties.
- Soft touch texture. With low gloss values and exceptional haptic feedback, our soft touch texture varnishes are excellent for touchable consumer goods.
- Grit texture. DBT offers a full spectrum of textures ranging from subtle grit to rough grit.
- Low migration. Our low-migration varnishes use alternative chemistries, making them ideal for use in sensitive applications that pose migration potential or extraction risks.
DBT provides adhesives for packaging, film, cartons, labels, and more. Our adhesive product portfolio includes:
- Lamination. DBT’s laminating adhesives have been specially formulated for various film, carton, and label stock structures. Bonds can be tailored from destructive to release.
- Pressure-sensitive. Our pressure-sensitive adhesives (PSAs) offer high-speed processing and excellent tack for films.
DBT has developed numerous primers used in printing on packaging, films, and labels. Our various primer options include:
- Digital inks. DBT’s UVDP-E10 product was developed for HP Indigo inks and replaces traditional water-based primer options. UVDP-E10 features increased temperature, water, and chemical resistances.
- UV inks. Our primers for UV inks grant the ability to print on difficult substrates. These primers also provide the flexibility to surface print instead of reverse printing.
- Laser printing/toner. Our laser printing primers facilitate laser printing on difficult substrates.
The experts have DBT have developed UV-cured functional coatings to improve the properties of substrates. We offer fully customizable functional coatings for:
- Shrink sleeve slip. DBT offers both matte and clear slip coatings for shrink sleeve applications.
- White inks. We offer true white inks in numerous opacities, as well as white adhesives for laminations.
- Weatherability/outdoor protection. DBT has developed proprietary low-yellowing and ink protection chemistries for outdoor applications.
UV Solutions Ordering Process
Our process begins by confirming the customer’s process requirements and performance expectations. If we don’t have a suitable off-the-shelf product to meet those needs, we will develop a tailored solution. If the product fails to perform to the customer’s expectations, we work closely with the client to identify the point of failure and retool the solution accordingly.
We custom-formulate our UV solutions to meet general market needs or specific customer application requirements. We minimize the use of irritating or malodorous components in our formulations, improving safety for users during handling and application.
When developing our products, we consider all aspects, including production, storage, transport, and end-use. With every formulation, we seek to minimize the customer’s need to trial multiple products and eliminate the experience of using a subpar product. To achieve this, we keep an open line of communication with each customer and strive to provide the highest possible level of service.
UV Capabilities at DBT Coatings
We offer lead times of 3-5 days on most orders, though research and development lead times for custom formulations may vary depending on the project details. We can accommodate a variety of product testing needs, including:
- California Prop 65
- Other testing available upon request
We produce our UV solutions in a range of volume options to suit applications of varying sizes. Options include:
- Pail (40 lbs., 5 gallon container)
- Drum (450 lbs., 55 gallon container)
- Tote (2,200 lbs., 275 gallon container)
About DBT Coatings, Inc.
At DBT Coatings, Inc., our custom formulations make us stand out from the competition. We don’t limit our customers to off-the-shelf solutions. When you come to DBT for your UV solutions, all customers receive the backing of our state-of-the-art lab and ability to manufacture fully customized products. If a customer tries one of our products and it does not perform as needed, we work with the customer to make the necessary adjustments.
DBT also takes environmental sustainability very seriously. We strive to develop formulations that are as eco-friendly as possible. All of our solutions feature low extraction, low-VOC or no VOC content, and low-waste production. Our UV solutions also use less energy to cure than other thermal curing systems.
To see how our UV solutions can benefit your application, please contact us today.